Thursday, October 2, 2014

Super {Adorable} Mario Bros. Pinafores!

HUZZAH!!! My first pinafores are finally DONE! :D

So, usually, the Pinny of the Month will feature only one pinafore at a time, but for my first post, I wanted to do two. Especially since Mario and Luigi are quite the inseparable duo!

Introducing the Marvelous Mario and Little Luigi Pinafores!

       



Making these was a lot of fun! They are pretty simple, but when you add in the accessories, it really makes the outfit come to life! :)

I also made the hats, which was a lot of fun too! If you're wondering how I did it, I followed the instructions in this tutorial from the blog, Fleeting Thing, here: http://fleetingthing.com/?projects=super-mario-hat-pattern-and-tutorial The tutorial doesn't include a pattern for the L on Luigi's hat, but that's so easy to figure out that I'm sure you can do it too. ;)

       

       

I just love how the back criss-crosses! Isn't it awesome when the back can be as much fun as the front? :)

But my favorite feature this: My models are both in very different sizes. One is in 12 month, the other in 3T, yet they both are dressed in the exact same pinafore. So, if you were to buy a pinny for your 9 month old, she could still wear it a few years later when she's wearing a 3T! The only difference is that when she's a baby, it will fit like a jumper dress, and when she is older, it will fit like a tunic top. 

Seriously, that is just the best. Personally, I get soooo disappointed when my kids get to wear something absolutely adorable for all of two months, and then they grow out of it. You can tell which outfits I like on them best by how tight it is, since I try to make it last as long as possible. But with these, you wouldn't have to worry about that! Talk about a nice break for both of you! :)

     

So my store is officially OPEN! YAAAY!! As Pinkie Pie would say, "I'm so nervicited!" Hahaha! Seriously, it is really exciting to open up my own shop, but a little intimidating too. Buuuuut, I'm excited to share what I can do with everyone. :)





So, if you like what you see, head on over to the store and check it out! And don't forget to check back next month for a new design! 

Addio! 

2 comments:

  1. Soooo cute! I think that you should do a MLP themed one soon- I would totally buy it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Actually, I have been wanting to do MLP since I had the idea for the store! I even have the design all drawn out haha! I just need to practice applique so I can do the cutie marks. ;) But as soon as I figure that out (which will be soon!) I will start on the ponies! Which makes me really excited because I think they will be my favorites. ;)

      Delete